Sunday, January 6, 2008

Busy Sunday Morning



This morning I awoke to find the temp had already climbed into the low 60's. Not being a person to waste such a beautiful day, I put the top down and drove eastward to check out the progress of the Lindbergh overpass tear down.

I was greeted by a bee-hive of activity around what little that was left of the overpass. A group of constr
uction workers were huddled atop of the interstate, while dump trucks were being filled with debris below. At the current pace of the demolition, I would expect them to open Lindbergh early Sunday evening.

The demolition activity has also brought with it many site-seers, gawkers and picture takers (myself included). The upper-crust patrons of the local Schnuck's store looked none too happy having to deal with the previously mentioned gawkers.


Driving further east on Clayton Road, I noticed a group of workers under the Clayton/Warson overpass digging something up out of the creek bed. I also found large piles of dirt and sewer pipes littering the highway next to L'Ecole Culinaire School.

All in all quite a busy
Sunday on the old I-64.

No comments: